1. Apprehension: The formation of Ideas and their associtation with Terms. The subject of Material Logic.
- Sense Perception – Percept
- Sense Memory – Phantasm
- Simple Apprehension (Abstraction) – Idea, or Concept
Product of Apprehension: A Term.
2. Judgement: The evaluation of logical relations of Terms, when formed in statements these relationships may be judged to be true (ontological conformity), or false.
Product of Judgement: A Proposition.
3. Inference: Given a series of particulars, a universal may be inferred by induction, while by a relation of universals to particulars a deduction may be inferred.
Product of Inference: A Conclusion